Employment Law Advice

A communication difficulty can affect a person's ability to hear, talk, understand, read, write, sign and or gesture.

Acas gives employees and employers free, impartial advice on workplace rights, rules and best practice. They also offer training, templates and help to resolve disputes. If you cannot find information to resolve your query on their website you can call their helpline on 0300 123 1190.


Support from the Solihull Community Advice Hubs

The Solihull Community Advice Hubs do not provide Employment Law advice as a front line service at either of it’s Hubs or over the telephone. Employment Law is quite a specialist subject so the Solihull Community Advice Hubs have a Complex Caseworker who specialises in Employment Law Advice. They can support you in knowing your rights as an employee and how to access legal support should you require it. It is advisable to book a face to face or telephone appointment to see our Complex Caseworker regarding any employment issue you may have.  Contact the Hubs if you require this type of support.

Support from the Direct Payments Information and Advice Service

Our Direct Payments Information and Advice Service can support you with employment advice if you are employing Personal Assistants using a Direct Payment. They can also support PAs who may already be employed by clients of the service who feel they need employment support. To find out more about how this service can support you, visit our Direct Payments page.

Legal Support

You may find that you need legal support in the form of a solicitor. The Community Advice Hubs work with a number of different solicitors to provide free 30 min legal advice sessions and they do cover employment law. To find out how to book one of our legal appointments click here.